Grouping up....

Following an experiment, I have now reverted to my beloved Blogger site.


Bah...pajjiz tal Mickey Mouse!

Posted at 12:25 PM on January 04, 2010  

In a world of injustices, it is always the closest to you that hits home. So, as written earlier, my Fuji S2000HD has a problem with the backlighting on the screen. This seems to be a 'not unrare' problem. Things that can be fixed.


 


But then when I call the Scan showrooms twice and both times neglected to be told that the Servicing office closes at five pm is nothing but sheer stupidity. Is it too much to mention that the workshop closes that early? Dear Jesus...this country sucks.



Blessed Sunday today.

Posted at 10:55 PM on January 03, 2010  

Sunday is also over now, and to tell the truth, it has been a fairly noisy happening.


First off was our traditional 10am mass. Since it is practically the last day of Xmas, Epiphany, we had to play the same Xmas list as the one on Christmas Day. Naturally, after the novelty of different seasonal songs wears off, one can't wait to get them over and done with. And so it was with this year's selection. After mass was over it was off for a coffee with Noel, Jess, Claire, Matt, Alan and all of our band-mates.


Needless to say, a hilarious time was enjoyed by one and all...


But next it was with a heavy heart that I went to my in-laws for the traditional dinner. Don't get me wrong...I love eating as much as the next guy, but too much is too much...and coupled with the richness and multi-course meals on offer, I was dreading it. Thankfully I managed to put my foot down and only eat frugally.


Sunday, is however, a day that I like to reserve exclusively to the family. Hence my misgivings. It's only fair to say that everything went smoothly, and by three o' clock I was safely curled up on my sofa, in front of TV, watching Discovery Science.


8pm saw me then throwing on a jacket and going for a walk with Jack around the airport perimeter. Naturally it was bloody cold! But I enjoyed it immensely....and tomorrow?


Back to work! Call me a nerd..but I am actually looking forward to the structured times that employment brings.


At least it keeps me out of of the fridge! That can only be good news.

Under the Dome...what a copy! Or is it?

Posted at 10:04 PM on January 02, 2010  

So this morning I was browsing through the latest err... electronic bookshelves for my Sony PRS500 reader, when I stumbled upon a book by the much-celebrated writer Stephen King. (Personally, his best book is 'Christine', you know, demon car and all)



Well, as can be seen from the cover image above, it is oh so SLIGHTLY familiar. Bart Simpson anyone? This storyline is straight out from Matt Groenig's animated sit-com hit of the much loved dysfunctional family that has made such an impact on everyone's lives with its' message delivering episodes.


'Dome-Depot'....I can still hear the jingle from the movie....couldn't this be described as plagiarism at its' best? It is a DARN good read though! I can tell it is going to keep me awake tonight!


Bang goes my Fuji HD2000

Posted at 07:13 AM on December 31, 2009  

Bah...last day of the year, barely into the first year of use, and my beloved Fuji HD2000 has had its' screen die on me. The backlight seems to flicker intermittently from very dim to extremely dim....


Could be simply a loose connection, but the thing has never been even breathed upon, let alone dropped!


I called the Scan techs who naturally invited me to bring the machine over to their workshops....let's see if it comes back in the same condition at least.... sad

A new toy....

Posted at 07:10 PM on December 29, 2009  

Hurrah, I have finally decided on my Xmas pressie...even though that blessed day has passed. Ok, so it's still Tuesday.


So what is it? I splashed out on a 1.5 Terabyte hard-disk. the Maxtor Basic HD. Just plus it in and there you go...gazillions of space for my movies, music and pics.


Nice shape too, and something I really really needed.

Party time again....

Posted at 06:08 PM on December 27, 2009  

Another day, and yet another party....bang goes my 'projected loss' for December..and January, I would guess....


This time we spent an afternoon at Gordon's house. Good food, and of course, pleasant company made it a very nice time. Naturally, Gordon being well-equipped, we indulged in hammering a lot of legends down. Yes. Karaoke.


It's a real pity I could not drink anything stronger than Coke, but my medication is too important to neglect...


So now, at 6, we are finally home, and dare I say it, looking forward to some real days of swimming and resting.


Starting from tomorrow!

English Football is so over-rated.

Posted at 06:57 PM on December 26, 2009  

Following the signing of Mancini as head coach of Manchester City, I was curious to see what kind of play would be on fare. Sad to say, it was disappointing.


And hardly surprising...after all, there were only a maximum of 5 Englishmen out of the twenty-two on the pitch. And the play was so so disappointing. For all their touted names, neither City , nor Stoke, could muster enough skill to string together 3 passes on the trot.


Martin Petrov only scored after Robinho fluffed his shot, leaving him with an open goal, and Tevez scored from a glaring offside position, that in Italy, would reek of corruption if it stood!


Naturally, none of the scorers even came close to being born in England!


Meanwhile my Spurs drew against Fulham in a match that had 0-0 already stamped upon within the first ten seconds. Bland!

The day after Xmas

Posted at 10:14 AM on December 26, 2009  

It's the day after the happiest holiday in the world, and I am still feeling a bit bloated and woozy from the wine we had yesterday. Nothing special mind you. It doesn't take much to make me tipsy.


All in all it was a nice day, with mass at 10am, and then having brother Trevor, wife Diane, and their bevy of kids over for the traditional Xmas lunch. Naturally it was great fun all round.


I will be posting some pics in the archive as soon as I get my senses back...

A visit to the prisons.

Posted at 11:52 AM on December 13, 2009  

Today has been a most extraordinary day! Together with my band, we played during Mass at Corradino prisons. Read all about it in this link. ( A word document, opens in a new window )


Comments

Popular Posts