What a year this is going to be.

What a year this is shaping up to be. Why is that then? Certainly everyone knows my passion for music. So I will just say the following in a hurry... Rush , Nightwish , Visions of Atlantis and of course Stillborn. What is it with these bands then? Oh come on...new albums of course. Rush are to release 'Snakes and Arrows', a much awaited release after the hugely successful 'R30' tour...hmm...now did I have fun or what? Fucking awesome shows in UK.



So now we come to Nightwish. After unceremoniously dumping lead singer Tarja Tuurunen following the Hartwell concert 'End of an Era', Tuomas and gang have been looking for a new singer. For me it will be Nicole Bogner from 'Visions of Atlantis'...The VOA singer left the band right after Nightwish sacked Tarja (what a mistake that was!). This album will make 'Once' child's play...Slated for a May release, I simply can't wait.

Now we come to Visions of Atlantis. This is a relatively small band, but I tell you, they have an awesome album in Castaway. I suggest you get a good listen to this offering, as it is simply awesome. The official site has also a video of their incredible single 'Lost'...fair gives me goosebumps. So yes, I am waiting for this album with gnashing teeth.


Last, but certainly not least, we come to 'our' Stillborn album...'Thy Feeble Soul' is an incredibly deep album, with really good progressive riffs. This is without a doubt one of the best albums I have heard for a very long time. I haven't been excited about a local release since 'Fire's' debut album in August. If we only had decent backing abroad, we would really make a killing with this release. Slated for mid-March, you should get this if you are into progressive rock.

Keep Metal \m/



Comments

  1. Aw Grill...kif bqajt b'darek...ghadek imnejjek jew? Tan-Nightwish fl-ahhar ta Settembru man. Ha tohorgu live tergghu?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts